|Mi Cocina's beef "sunset" fajitas|
Mi Cocina, the Dallas-bred Mexican that dishes up down-home eats in upscale digs, will open its first mid-Atlantic outpost in posh Chevy Chase on May 10. Here are some things you should know about it.
1. Don’t expect sombreros on the walls and Crayola colors. White walls, brown accents, custom chandeliers and art, with lots of natural light spilling through the glass-walled bar area, will establish a stylish and relaxed backdrop for anything from a shopping break to a celebration.
2. Artist Luis Sottil’s showpiece mural will feature wildlife found in his native Tampico.
3. A glass-enclosed private dining room will seat 25 guests.
4. Look for moderately priced, Tex-Mex favorites - often given a bit of a twist. Among its most popular dishes are its tacos “de brisket,” "sunset" fajitas and Rico salad, a chopped concoction featuring fajita chicken.
5. There will be secluded, outdoor dining in a shady courtyard off Wisconsin Avenue.
5471 Wisconsin Ave., Chevy Chase, MD; 301-652-1195