Matchbox, the uber-popular, moderately priced American bistro, is striking out into Northern Virginia with a handsome outpost in Merrifield’s Mosaic District. Here are some things that you’ll want to know about the venue.
1. It’s big. There are some 220 seats, including a centerpiece cube table for the see-and-be-seen crowd. Its rustic-mod look uses old barn wood and rough timbers. There’s a pizza bar that seats 10, and an outdoor patio with a fire pit. The settings work for anything from a business lunch to a family meal to a celebration.
2. Wood-fired pizzas and mini burgers, along with salads and entrees, have long been a draw at its locations. Here, some new specialties like crispy chicken with bacon braised collard greens, garlic mashed potatoes and Fresno pepper vinegar will be added to the menu.
3. An expansive bar will serve bottled and draft beers along with Prosecco and other wines on tap.
4. Looking to book an event? Consider its impressive barrel room with a handcrafted arched ceiling and a fireplace. It seats 60 people.
5. Located next to the Angelika Film Center, the venue will stay open late on weekends.