|A.G.B, the bar,lounge and restaurant in the Graham Georgetown Hotel|
1. Design that harks back several centuries is given a modern fillip in touches like the sconces, hanging carriage-like lamps and the Federal period furniture, with its simple, clean lines.
2. A.G.B, the hideaway restaurant and bar lounge, named for Alexander Graham Bell, a former neighborhood resident, is located below the lobby. The cozy space is done up in handsome, contemporary style with gleaming wood floors, exposed brick and chic deep-brown accents.
3. An upscale modern American menu that can accommodate anything from a cocktail snack to a serious meal complements the sleek decor. There are starters like crab cakes and steak bruschetta. Sandwiches include a lobster roll, while entrees range from steak frites to braised short rib to Scottish salmon.
4. Craft cocktails have clever names, including one named after Frank Sinatra, who stayed at the hotel in its prior incarnation. There’s a custom whiskey distilled just for the property.
5. Topping it all is a sensational rooftop lounge with monumental view, where visitors can sip and snack on light fare
1075 Thomas Jefferson St NW; 202-337-0900