Taylor Charles Steak and Ice, the Taylor Gourmet talents have brought their native Philadelphia cheese steaks to the hungry hordes on H St. NE. Here are five things you should know about their latest enterprise.
1. Since this is street food, sold and often eaten outdoors, the floors resemble asphalt, with manhole covers installed. Street lights, graffiti art and large picnic tables complete the outdoors brought indoors design.
2. There is an authentic version of the classic cheesesteak (Cheez Whiz and all), plus various tasty riffs including some with garlicky greens, grilled eggplant, green chili or Buffalo-flavored chicken and pepperoni.
3. There are “gourmet” possibilities like a housemade white whiz and truffled cheesesteak spring rolls. Salads, hot dogs and fries with toppings are also on the roster.
4. Italian water ice flavors an be had straight, or in combo with frozen custard.
5. Late-night appetites will be slaked until 3:30 AM on Fridays and Saturdays.
1320 H St. NE; fb.com/SteakandIce; @SteakandIce on Twitter