- April Bloomfield revealed that she is working on a new cookbook with co-author J.J. Goode - this time about vegetables.
- Anita Lo's secret guilty pleasure: Doritos. The topic of the infamous Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell was also broached via an audience query. Chef has not tried them yet.
- April Bloomfield was unable to attain her dream career of becoming a police woman and cooking was her kind of her fallback. We're all thankful for that mishap!
- Anita Lo tried to get her cookbook idea published for 20 years, and was turned down by three agents before finally publishing Cooking Without Borders in October 2011.
- April Bloomfield has never done Top Chef Masters because she doesn't consider herself a competitive person. Although she admits that her Iron Chef win against Michael Symon was pretty sweet. "I kicked his butt on olives, and he's Greek too," she joked.
6/18/2012 03:45:00 PM
Anita Lo and April Bloomfield Talk Cookbooks and Doritos at Google HQ
Annisa, Top Chef Masters) and April Bloomfield (The Spotted Pig, The Breslin), joined us for a chat today at Google HQ. A range of topics were discussed including their chefly beginnings, their experiences on food TV and even some secret junk food guilty pleasures. Here are the highlights from their 30-minute chat: