4/16/2012 02:20:00 PM

Corners Tavern Settles Into Walnut Creek

Corners Tavern; Photo by Stacy Ventura
For a low-key tavern in the suburbs that’s keeping it real, this Walnut Creek arrival certainly has some high-falutin backers. The brainchild of restaurant veterans behind San Francisco’s Town Hall, Salt House, the El Dorado Kitchen in Sonoma and Paragon, this modern homage to the English pub, re-imagined in the East Bay in a former blacksmith warehouse, dishes up midpriced SLO (sustainable, local, organic) soulful American eats. As for beverages, barkeeps behind a reclaimed maple-top horseshoe bar dole out craft beer, classic cocktails and small production wines. The decor features eclectic estate-sale finds, with roll up garage doors that open onto an outdoor patio.


The restaurant’s curious name refers to the area’s original destination. Prior to 1862, Walnut Creek was simply known as “The Corners” and was home to hundreds orchards and family farms. Locals will recognize the locale as the previous home to the now defunct Bing Crosby’s. The opening dinner menu can be found here; lunch is expected to roll out later in May.

1342 Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek, CA 94596 925-948-8711

0 comments :

Post a Comment